Rotarians from throughout the state of Alaska started to gather in Kodiak on a rainy Thursday morning for the service organization's annual three-day meeting. This is the first time Kodiak has hosted the District Conference since the early 1990s. In addition to a series of meetings, attendees have the opportunity to take part in Kodiak's First Friday Art Walk, tour the military museum at Fort Abercrombie State Historic Park and be part of a trip to the U.S. Coast Guard Base Kodiak. A tour of the Pacific Spaceport Complex was scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
- JOB WELL DONE
- Ready, set…: Time for Crab Fest Token Search
- Donna Kay Vinberg
- Kodiak has a new resident port agent
- Kelly Wakefield
- Woods getting an early start on bid for Council
- Seward woman found dead on Kodiak
- Akhiok graduate wants to experience life beyond Kodiak
- What happens in Alaska if the United States defaults on its debt next month?
- Mika: Schools still need permanent funding fix
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
- By MAISIE THOMAS Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
In Alaska, Covid-19 cases are leveling off after reaching record highs during the Omicron surge, but a new and even more highly contagious variant is on the rise. The BA.2 variant of Omicron now accounts for over 50% of new cases nationally, and just under half of cases in Alaska, state epid…
- LINDA F. HERSEY Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
North Pole Rep. Mike Prax was one of eight lawmakers diagnosed with Covid-19 Wednesday in an outbreak that has swept through the Alaska House.
- By LIV CLIFFORD Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
Alaskans lost more than $13 million to suspected internet crimes in 2021, federal data shows.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.