Creative rock find at Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park.
- Crab season could be a disaster, and no one seems to know why
- Aftershocks continue in Interior Alaska after Monday night earthquake
- Now snow crab population is in trouble
- Bear warning issued for Bells Flats area
- Some Kodiak employers will face vaccine mandates
- Kodiak COVID count bumps up
- ESC takes off mask mandate, but doesn’t throw it away
- Hockey to become a sanctioned sport at Kodiak High
- 4.9 earthquake felt across Interior Alaska
- School district expresses concerns over staffing levels
- Liv Clifford
Miguel Baez Guevara, 38, was indicted on 17 counts related to his leadership and role in trafficking narcotics to Alaska, according to the Department of Justice.
- Alena Naiden
Foundation Health Partners — which includes Tanana Valley Clinic, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center — has more than 200 openings across its system. And in Anchorage, staffing is even worse.
- Gary Tomlin
The lower Tanana River appears to have the habitat and forage where wood bison can flourish. A herd could provide a food source for years, state wildlife biologists said.