Luke 11:1-4 (NIV): “One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.’ He said to them, ‘When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our dail…

Colossians 1:9-14 (NIV): “For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord a…

Matthew 1:21-23 (NIV): “‘She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.’ All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: ‘The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call Hi…

Isaiah 9:2-3 (NKJV): The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined. You have multiplied the nation and increased its joy; they rejoice before You according to the joy of harvest, as men rejoice when…

Psalm 16:1-11 (NIV): “Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the LORD, ‘You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.’ I say of the holy people who are in the land, ‘They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.’

Psalm 150:1-6 (NKJV): “Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel a…

Psalm 39:1-4 (NKJV): I said, “I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth while in the presence of the wicked.” So I remained utterly silent, not even saying anything good. But my anguish increased; my heart grew hot within me. While I meditated, the fir…

James 3:1-10 (NIV): “Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check. When we put bits i…

Galatians 5:13-18 (NIV): “You my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; but rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ If you bite and devour…

Leviticus 16:29-30 (NIV): “This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: On the tenth day of the seventh month, you must deny yourselves and not do any work — whether native born or an alien living among you — because on this day atonement will be made for you, to cleanse you. Then before the L…

John 4:34-38 (NIV) – “‘My Food,’ Jesus said, ‘is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work. Do not say, ‘Four more months and then the harvest?’ I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harve…

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 (NIV): “To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficien…

Romans 1:16-17: “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the gentiles. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is wri…

Colossians 4:1-6: “Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make manifest, as I ought to speak. Walk in wisdom …

1 Corinthians 4:7-10 (NIV) — “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this

Malachi 3:16-18 (NIV): “Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A Scroll of Remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His name. ‘They will be mine,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘in the day when I make …

2 Timothy 4:2-5: “Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season: correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a gre…

1 Samuel 17:37b-40 – “Saul said to David, ‘Go and the Lord be with you.’ Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he wasn’t used to them. ‘I cannot go …

Obadiah 1:13-15 (NIV) – “You should not march through the gates of my people in the day of their disaster, nor look down on them in their calamity in the day of their disaster, nor seize their wealth in the day of their disaster. You should not wait at the crossroads to cut down their fugiti…

1 Peter 2:4-5 (NIV): “As you come to Him, the living stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him — you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”

Acts 18:1-4 (NIV) – “After this Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all Jews to leave Rome. Paul went to see them, and because he was a tentmaker as t…

“If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?” Jeremiah 12:5 NIV

“Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tel…

Acts 4:11-13 (NIV) — “‘He is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, …

Psalm 93:1-5 (NIV) — “The Lord reigns, He is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity. The seas have lifted up, O’ Lord, the seas have lifted up…

Deuteronomy 32:28-29 (NKJV) — “For they are a nation void of counsel, nor is there any understanding in them. Oh, that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!”

Numbers 21:8-9 (NIV) — “The Lord said to Moses, ‘Make a snake and put it on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.’ So, Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived.”

Ruth 1:16 (NIV) — “But Ruth replied, ‘Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go, I will go, and where you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God will be my God.’”

Philippians 3:20-21 (NKJV) — “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to his glorious body, according to the working by which he is able even to subdue all things to himself.”

John 20:24-31 (NIV) – “Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, ‘We have seen the Lord!’ But he said to them, ‘unless I see the nail marks in His hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand …

Numbers 16:46-48 (NIV) — “Then Moses said to Aaron, ‘Take your censer and put incense in it, along with fire from the altar, and hurry to the assembly to make atonement for them. Wrath has come out from the Lord; the plague has started.’ So Aaron did as Moses said and ran into the midst of t…

2 Corinthians 7:10: “For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world leads to death.”

• Updated

Psalm 91:1-4 (NIV) — “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty I will say to the Lord ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.’ Surely, He will save you from the fowler’s snare and from deadly pestilence, He will cover you with Hi…

1 John 3:21-21 (NIV) — “Dear Friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from Him anything we ask, because we obey His commands and do what pleases Him. And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another a…

Ezekiel 38:1-4 (NKJV) — “Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, ‘Son of Man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the Prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the Prince of Rosh, Meshech, …

Matthew 24:6-8 (NIV) – “You will hear of wars and rumors of wars but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the…

Genesis 2:7 (NIV) – “The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”

Revelation 2:1-7(NIV) — “These are the words of Him who holds the seven stars in His right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but…

Isaiah 35:8 (NIV) — “And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those who walk in that way; wicked fools will not go about on it.”

Colossians 1:3-6 (NIV) — “We always thank God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints — the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that…

Psalm 33:12-16 (NIV) — “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He chose for His inheritance. From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind: From His dwelling place He watches all who live on Earth — He who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No …

Isaiah 57:15 (NLT): “The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this; ‘I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.’”

Psalm 32:1-7 (NIV) — “Blessed is he whose transgression are forgiven whose sins are covered, Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your ha…

1 Corinthians 15:1-11 (NIV) – “Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the Gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this Gospel you are saved. If you hold firmly to the word, I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I rec…

John 11:21-27 (NIV) – “‘Lord,’ Martha said to Jesus, ‘If you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Your brother will rise again.’ Martha answered, ‘I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the …

Hebrews 10:5-7 (NIV) – “Therefore, when Christ came into the world He said: ‘Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; and with burnt offerings you were not pleased.’ Then I said, ‘Here I am — It is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will…