Tsunami Warning | 8.2 Strong Earthquake in Alaska
Tsunami warning issued along Alaskan coastline following massive 8.2 earthquake The U.S. Tsunami Warning System has calculated a tsunami moving towards the Southern Alaskan coastline. Waves are expected to arrive within an hour. Seek higher ground
Southern Alaska possible tsunami imminent. The offshore quake 30 minutes ago was a thrust earthquake.That likely moved the sea floor up anddown, displacing water and creating tsunami. Arrival time of 10:55 p.m. AKDT at Sand Point, 11:55 p.m. at Kodiak and 1 a.m. at Homer.
Evacuations underway in Kodiak, Alaska amid an ongoing tsunami warning following a magnitude 8.2 earthquake.Reports of 15-meter to 30 foot waves where observed at Station 300 miles from Alaskan Coast
- Kodiak teen becomes first Give AK A Shot winner
- SDEU makes fourth Kodiak drug arrest in last month
- Covid alert level remains high for Alaska
- Michael Fredrick Devers
- Josephine Marie Vargo
- ESC caught in the middle of COVID debate
- North Star, Old Harbor schools closed
- Two more companies eye Kodiak launch site
- Assembly supports proposed Providence housing project
- COVID cases jump 86% in a week
- Alena Naiden
Alaska reported seven more deaths from Covid-19, five of them in the Fairbanks area. Those come as health care workers report harassment and threats from the public.
- Maisie Thomas
The autumn equinox has passed but winter weather has already arrived in Interior Alaska, with about 2 inches of snow forecast in Fairbanks today.