John 14:1-4: (NIV) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come back and take you to be with …

Windy, cool weather this past week has shattered the illusion that we’re still in the season of summer. The wind nearly took my breath away and blew me over as I gazed at the frothy, white-capped bay from an outlook in Abercrombie Park the other day.

A day after the Dunleavy administration announced that hundreds of health care workers are coming to Alaska to help hospitals strained by the surge in COVID cases, officials at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center said they did not know if any help would be coming its way.

Hunter Blair’s graduation ceremony from the University of Alaska Anchorage with a Bachelor of Arts in History with Honors was scheduled for May 3. Due to COVID-19, he came home to Kodiak to finish his degree online. He has been accepted into the Secondary Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure…

Emily Helenhouse, a 2016 graduate of Kodiak High School, was named to the fall 2019 semester President’s Honor Roll list for Washington State University for achieving a grade point average of 3.5 or above.

• Kodiak High School graduates Wesley Dumm and Ella Raisley were named to the Montana State University fall 2019 Dean’s List for having a grade point average of 3.5 or above.