The Kodiak Daily Mirror publishes Monday through Friday, printed on-site with content by all-local staff. Founded in 1940 as the weekly Kodiak Mirror, the newspaper provides up-to-date coverage of the Kodiak Archipelago, which includes one of the nation’s busiest commercial fishing ports, the U.S. Coast Guard’s biggest base, nine rural communities and an orbital rocket launch facility.
This western Gulf of Alaska newsroom reports on sports, business, government, arts, education and community news. Each edition also features state and national news from wire service partners.
The Mirror offers an exclusive roster of columnists including Garden Gate by Marion Owen, Outdoor Kodiak by Hank Pennington, Kodiak Tapestry by Mike Rostad, Amazing Nature by Switgard Dusterloh and Senior Life by Pat Branson.
Print editions are available by subscription, by mail nationwide and at area retailers. Online subscriptions include access to e-editions and weekend sports updates.
Access to the Mirror’s online classified ads and community calendar is free.
The Kodiak Daily Mirror business office is open 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 1419 Selig St. in Kodiak.
- ADQ processors, Coast Guard and Seashare send 24,000 pounds of halibut to villages
- Warm waters across Alaska cause salmon die-offs
- Great-grandmother of 27 publishes children’s story about Kodiak
- Kodiak man charged with felony
- Alutiiq Museum receives a surprise $5,000 donation
- Record-breaking heat and dry spell hit The Rock
- NAVIGATING WOODY: The Hasenstabs win inaugural adventure race
- Thomas Allen Kjera
- Local man arrested for burglary and theft
- Mary Louise McFarland
- Amanda Bohman firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation is reviewing the draft State Implementation Plan, or SIP, after a public comment period that ended last month.
- By Alistair Gardiner, email@example.com
A group of soldiers from the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division were escorted to Fairbanks International Airport on Sunday evening by the Fairbanks Police Department to deploy to Iraq.