• At 3:33 p.m., Alaska State Troopers received a report of possible child abuse involving several children currently in foster care. The Office of Children's Services and the Child Advocacy Center are assisting in the investigation, which is currently ongoing. The children were removed from the home and placed in the custody of OCS.
Friday, April 25
At 10:30 p.m., troopers stopped a sports utility vehicle operated by a 29-year-old male resident of Kodiak for an equipment violation. A routine records check revealed his license was revoked and he was required to have an ignition interlock device installed on any vehicle he operates. No such device was installed in his vehicle. He was also driving while impaired by alcohol and was wanted on a no bail arrest warrant. He was remanded to the jail on the warrant and charged with driving under the influence, driving with a revoked license, and driving in violation of limitations.
Saturday, April 26
• At 7:04 p.m., troopers contacted a 28-year-old male resident of Kodiak during a traffic stop. He was a passenger in the vehicle. A routine records check revealed he was wanted on an outstanding felony arrest warrant for misconduct involving a controlled substance and was taken into custody without incident. He was remanded to the jail. Bail on the warrant was $5,000.
Sunday, April 27
• At 3 a.m., troopers were notified of a single vehicle crash on Rezanof Drive West. Troopers found an unoccupied truck with extensive damage. The driver, a 23-year-old male resident of Kodiak, was later located at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center where he was being treated for non-life threatening injuries. The incident is under investigation.
Monday, April 28
• At 11:33 p.m., troopers received a report of possible child abuse involving one child. The investigation is ongoing and is being assisted by the Child Advocacy Center.
• At 1:30 p.m., wildlife troopers contacted the F/V Bearfox while commercial fishing in Chiniak Bay. Investigation revealed that a crewmember did not possess a valid 2014 commercial crewmember license. The crewmember was issued a citation for failing to possess a commercial crewmember license. The boat’s operator and permit holder for the vessel was also issued a citation for employing an unlicensed crewmember. The bail for each citation was set at $250.
• At 3:16 p.m., troopers and Coast Guard police contacted a 25-year-old male resident of Kodiak. Investigation revealed he had an outstanding probation warrant out of California, which was extraditable. He was placed under arrest and transported the Kodiak City Jail pending extradition to California.
Tuesday, April 29
• At 2:18 p.m., troopers received a report of a possible sexual abuse of a minor. The investigation is ongoing and is being assisted by the Child Advocacy Center.
• At 4:26 p.m., troopers contacted a 26-year-old male at the trooper office in Kodiak. Investigation revealed he was operating a motor vehicle while his license is suspended. He was issued an Alaska uniform citation to appear in court at a later date and released from the scene.