Brewery cuts down on garbage by recycling To the Editor:
I wanted to let business owners know that as much stuff as we go through, and as many lunch boxes that get left here at the brewery, in our new location we use only one roll cart per week for our garbage.
We have Threshold come and pick up a tote of our cardboard, paper and plasti...
Another Day in Paradise: The Peace Of Morning Madness There is a wonderful smell in the air in the mornings, but the madness keeps me from noticing sometimes.
The air is crisp, the wind is sharp, and the rain beats the browning grasses into their long winter sleep. The smell of dead grass and decaying foliage from the bushes and trees sounds disgus...
Public Safety Blotter: Oct. 5 Friday, Sept. 28
• At 12:49 a.m., an officer was on foot patrol on Marine Way.
• At 1:03 p.m., a 911 caller reported a male was leering around Marine Way. He left upon request.
• At 1:39 p.m., an intoxicated female was taken into protective custody.
• At 4:46 a.m., a 911 caller reported he was hi...
Parks and Rec: Oct. 5-Oct. 12 Oct. 5-Oct. 12
Senior Dribblers is for boys and girls in eighth through twelfth grades. Playoffs starting on Saturday, Oct. 6. Games are held in the middle school gym.
Chris Pagsolingan is the director for this league and can be reached at 486-8669 or 654-7559.
In the Courts: Oct. 5 Charges dismissed
• A charge of violating conditions of release for a misdemeanor against Everett J. Grass Jr., 22, was dismissed Sept. 20.
• A charge of violating conditions of release against Loren Peterson, 29, was dismissed Sept. 12.
• Charges of fourth-degree drugs misconduct and failing to ...
Tapestry: Laughter and stories were Lubova's gifts to her people Three winters ago, when we were getting a lot more snow than usual, I gave Lucille Davis a ride to her apartment.
After I made a comment about the unprecedented winter (at least, it was unprecedented in my short 30 years on the island) Lucille set me straight. “When I was a little girl growing u...
High school football picks: Carrying momentum into the playoffs I finally did it.
For the first time in my short four-year history of forecasting high school football games I finished above .800.
I capped an incredible run through the regular season by going 8-0 in Week 8 — my fourth perfect week of the season. I was either on this season, or this is just g...
Oct 05, 2012 | 0 | 1 |
Derek Clarkston / email@example.comKodiak Daily Mirror
StRausiq (N), StRuusiq (S): Yeast. StRausiq (N), StRuusiq (S): Yeast.
StRausircunituq. : It smells like yeast.
Yeast is a single-celled microorganism, a type of fungus widely present in nature. There are thousands of varieties of yeast in air, soil, and water, and on plants and animals. Archaeologists believe that people began i...