- GUTTED: Board of Fish votes to change Kodiak’s salmon fisheries
- Small earthquake rattles Interior Alaska
- Woman charged after a man was shot in home
- Trapper charged after using snared moose as bait for wolves
- Hospital offers new service to address chronic pain
- Boyfriend arrested on murder charge in death of Kristen Huntington
- Destin Z. Alexanderoff Maloney Friccero
- New report spells additional cuts to marine highway system
- BUSINESS PROFILE: Fixing Kodiak one computer at a time
- Coast Guard rescue swimmers conduct class for fishermen
- Alistair Gardiner firstname.lastname@example.org
Representatives from Alaska pilot and carrier associations said there is no single reason for the high number of fatalities last year but cited various contributing factors. At the top of the list is the relative lack of infrastructure.
- Laura Stickells LSTICKELLS@NEWSMINER.COM
A steady stream of trucks rolled into the Summit Logistics parking lot off Van Horn Road on Saturday afternoon, two weeks before the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race and the YQ300 start in Fairbanks, as mushers and dog handlers arrived for the races’ mandatory food drop.