Garrett Wright, 28, was issued a citation by the Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Kodiak Post, at the Buskin River on Thursday. Wright was cited for failure to release a snagged sockeye salmon that was hooked somewhere other than the mouth. Bail was set at $140.
- Four patients medevaced from Kodiak on Saturday
- Ace Hardware to replace True Value
- Kodiak man charged for stealing shrimp
- ELECTION 2019: Benoit relies on personal experience in school board run
- Rodney Bruce Guinn
- Kodiak man charged with burglary and theft
- Judge denies deferred sentencing agreement for Twiford
- Harbor tour recounts island’s fishing history
- Courtney Cupp
- Jody Lynn Helms
- By Rashah McChesney, Alaska's Energy Desk
Over the weekend, attacks on an oil field and processing facility in Saudi Arabia knocked out more than 5% of the world’s daily oil production.
- Erin McGroarty firstname.lastname@example.org
“This is not typical. It’s actually extraordinary. They actually had to ask the Education Committee for permission to do this,” Coghill said. “This group, called the Senate faculty, probably ask to have it scheduled. They’ve been very vocal and active here in the Anchorage area. For me, I’m just going to take it as credible opinion, but it will be in my view more subservient to the board of regents. Either way, it will serve as good background perspective.”