Wednesday, Feb. 27
• At 1:12 a.m., an officer observed two men sleeping in the lobby of the Post Office. The men left when the officer asked.
• At 1:54 a.m., an officer performing security checks of businesses along Mill Bay Road found a door to a business unlocked. It was secured.
• At 2:22 a.m., an officer observed a suspicious vehicle, but there was no criminal activity. Two of the three people in the parked vehicle were juveniles and their parents were called to pick them up.
• At 8:45 a.m., a caller reported that unknown people were cutting down trees on city property near the landfill bailer building. Police found no wood cutters in the area at the time of the call.
• At 11:01 a.m., a caller reported a man was sleeping in an abandoned vehicle. The man owned the vehicle, but left the area when an officer asked.
• At 5:23 p.m., a merchant reported an intoxicated man was loitering in front of a business. The man left the area before police arrived.
• At 6:52 p.m., an officer observed a man smoking a hookah. It contained tobacco.
Thursday, Feb. 28
• At 2:28 a.m., an officer observed suspicious activity in a vehicle parked in the parking lot of the borough offices. Officers discovered a man was watching a movie in his vehicle.
• At 8:57 a.m., an officer was on foot patrol at Kodiak High School.
• At 10:35 a.m., a caller reported suspicious activity at her home on Ole Johnson Avenue.
• At 11:47 a.m., a restaurant reported an intoxicated man was sleeping at one of their tables. The man was taken to the Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center for medical evaluation due to his level of intoxication.
• At 2:40 p.m., police were summoned to Kodiak High School for a report of a student with marijuana.
• At 2:59 p.m., police and fire units responded to a collision at the Y intersection.
• At 3:16 p.m., a caller reported his vehicle was hit by an unknown vehicle. It was documented for insurance purposes.
• At 4:53 p.m., a caller reported a ladder and lumber were stolen from a home. The theft was believed to have occurred in January, but there is no suspect information.
• At 9:56 p.m., a caller reported a dispute with a landlord over rent.
Friday, March 1
• At 1:49 a.m., an officer observed two men sleeping in the lobby of a bank. The men left when the officer asked.
• At 2:54 a.m., Alaska State Troopers requested help for a response to a "fight in progress" call outside of city limits. Assistance was provided.
• At 3:30 a.m., an anonymous caller reported an intoxicated woman was suicidal. Officers found the woman and determined the report was unfounded.
• At 6:53 a.m., a caller reported credit and debit cards were stolen from a vehicle.
• At 1:34 p.m., an officer responded to a collision on Hemlock Street.
• At 4:02 p.m., an officer received a report of a suspicious man loitering near a storage yard. He was seen in a black pickup truck.
• At 6:02 p.m., a man received an open container citation. Normally he would have been arrested, but a citation was issued because the jail population was high.
• At 6:42 p.m., a caller reported a driver was speeding and reckless. Police found the man and gave him a warning.
• At 8:14 p.m., an officer observed a person entering a business vehicle. The business was closed so the officer stopped to speak with the person. It was an employee who had returned to retrieve a personal item left in the vehicle.
• At 9:31 p.m., a caller reported hearing “loud bangs” and seeing smoke from a business on Shelikof Street. The caller also reported two men ran away. A witness told police the two men lit cherry bombs and threw them into an empty barrel as a prank. The men were not identified.
Saturday, March 2
• At 2:41 a.m., an officer observed a man onboard a boat in storage. It was the owner.
• At 8:45 a.m., a caller reported seeing a man walking on the beach. An officer contacted the man who was armed with an air rifle. The man told police he intended to shoot crows and pigeons. Police told him it was unsafe behavior in city limits.
• At 9:56 a.m., an officer mediated a child custody dispute between a mother and father.
• At 11:27 a.m., a caller reported seeing men enter vehicles on Shelikof Street. They were the men's vehicles.
• At 11:48 a.m., a caller reported an intoxicated driver. The driver was arrested for DUI and was lodged at the Kodiak Jail.
• At 1:04 p.m., a caller reported being threatened. An officer provided information to obtain a protective order.
Sunday, March 3
• At 6:44 a.m., officers responded to a home for a report of an argument between a boyfriend and girlfriend. The boyfriend left before the police arrived.
• At 1:27 p.m., police conducted a welfare check on a man who was reported to be “feeling suicidal.” The man denied intentions of hurting himself, but requested the police take two firearms into safekeeping.
• At 1:54 p.m., an officer mediated a dispute between a boat captain and an intoxicated crew member.
• At 4:52 p.m., a caller reported a neighbor was playing loud music. The neighbor agreed to turn the music down.
• At 6:53 p.m., a caller reported a man had thrown a hammer at his vehicle window and damaged it. The man admitted to throwing the hammer and charges were recommended.
• At 10:06 p.m., a caller reported seeing three people going through lockers at the community pool. It is under investigation.