University of Alaska Anchorage volleyball players Morgan Hope and Leah Swiss instructed players at the Kodiak Island Volleyball Club Summer Camp, Wednesday at North Star School.
The two UAA stars - Hooe is a senior setter from South Anchorage and Swiss a sophomore outside hitter from Dimond - are guests for the four-day camp that concludes today. On Wednesday, the fifth- and sixth-grade campers learned how to set, pass and serve.
Joining Hooe and Swiss at the camp was M'rcy Matsunami, a record-setting UAA gymnast. The group was brought to the island by the club and Kodiak High School volleyball.
- 7.5-magnitude quake triggers tsunami warning
- Kodiak reports new COVID case for third day in a row
- SPOTLIGHT: James and Lindsey Glenn
- Bear guiding entails a lot more than getting the bear, says guide Jason Bunch
- Coast Guard base reduces COVID-19 risk level to moderate
- With all votes counted, municipal election results made official
- Troopers arrest Glennallen man who allegedly shot at officers
- 2021 summer cruise season takes shape for Kodiak
- 35 YEARS OF SERVICE
- Kodiak reports new COVID case, raising active count to 13
- Erin McGroarty firstname.lastname@example.org
State health officials reported 215 new cases of the virus statewide Tuesday, including 18 cases among Fairbanks residents and one who is from North Pole.
- Erin McGroarty, email@example.com
This specific uptick counters a general drop in enrollment over all of the University of Alaska Fairbanks campuses and flat enrollment among all students at the main Fairbanks campus.
- Kris Capps, firstname.lastname@example.org
“I was thinking we, the Fire Department, would have to wait for daybreak to make a rescue effort, and that could well be too late," said Lt. David Poppe, a medic with the Nenana Fire Department.