A parade of 50 motorized vehicles and two bicycles drove past the home of Margaret Hall on Monday to wish her a happy 101st birthday. Visitors included several musicians, who performed “Happy Birthday to You” on a variety of instruments outside Hall’s house, as well as the St. Innocent’s Academy Choir, who followed the English version of the birthday song with an Orthodox rendition.
- Three face indictment in theft of AR-15
- Kodiak officials announce two new positive COVID-19 cases
- Coast Guard member among last week’s local COVID cases
- More flights, COVID testing arriving at Kodiak airport; 10th positive test confirmed
- ‘Hybrid’ Crab Fest to go semi-virtual
- Providence Medical Center CEO resigns
- KODIAK PRIDE: 5K run/walk shines light on local LGBTQIA+ community
- Local man faces felony DUI charges
- Kodiak Island Search and Rescue locate family lost on Pyramid Mt.
- Pebble Mine decision hangs over Bristol Bay salmon season
- Staff Report
Alaska State Parks posted a warning on its Facebook page that bears have been feeding on the site, at mile 2.25 of the trail, for at least 10 days and that bear activity is continuing.
- By Rod Boyce firstname.lastname@example.org
Eleven of the resident cases are of people who reside in the Fairbanks North Star Borough. That total is the highest recorded in the borough during the virus outbreak.