A U.S. Navy representative greets an interested visitor at the Kodiak Career and College Fair, Friday in the Kodiak High School commons. Presenters talked to students and members of the public about education, health, agriculture, law, business, art, military jobs and college. (Drew Herman photo)
- NAVIGATING WOODY: The Hasenstabs win inaugural adventure race
- Record-breaking heat and dry spell hit The Rock
- ADQ processors, Coast Guard and Seashare send 24,000 pounds of halibut to villages
- Warm waters across Alaska cause salmon die-offs
- Local man arrested for burglary and theft
- Kodiak man charged with felony
- Alutiiq Museum receives a surprise $5,000 donation
- Thomas Allen Kjera
- Vangieh Afaga Ramos
- Wanted: Candidates for municipal elections
- By Alistair Gardiner, firstname.lastname@example.org
A group of soldiers from the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division were escorted to Fairbanks International Airport on Sunday evening by the Fairbanks Police Department to deploy to Iraq.
- Erin McGroarty, email@example.com
The Legislature included a $1,600 dividend in its version of the bill, to which the governor reluctantly agreed.