Robert Lachowsky and Richard Austerman, both members of the Kodiak American Legion Post 17, spent Flag Day respectfully burning 162 American flags that were no longer serviceable. The Legion collected flags throughout the year to burn on Sunday. June 14 is the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777.
- Three face indictment in theft of AR-15
- Kodiak officials announce two new positive COVID-19 cases
- Coast Guard member among last week’s local COVID cases
- More flights, COVID testing arriving at Kodiak airport; 10th positive test confirmed
- ‘Hybrid’ Crab Fest to go semi-virtual
- Providence Medical Center CEO resigns
- KODIAK PRIDE: 5K run/walk shines light on local LGBTQIA+ community
- Local man faces felony DUI charges
- Kodiak Island Search and Rescue locate family lost on Pyramid Mt.
- Pebble Mine decision hangs over Bristol Bay salmon season
- Staff Report
Alaska State Parks posted a warning on its Facebook page that bears have been feeding on the site, at mile 2.25 of the trail, for at least 10 days and that bear activity is continuing.
- By Rod Boyce email@example.com
Eleven of the resident cases are of people who reside in the Fairbanks North Star Borough. That total is the highest recorded in the borough during the virus outbreak.