Fishermen mend nets at St. Paul Harbor on Saturday as salmon season gears up. While Kodiak’s season is off to a slow start, economists say that on average, only 10% of the annual harvest occurs in May and June. Harvests typically climb sharply in early July.
- Three face indictment in theft of AR-15
- Kodiak officials announce two new positive COVID-19 cases
- Coast Guard member among last week’s local COVID cases
- More flights, COVID testing arriving at Kodiak airport; 10th positive test confirmed
- ‘Hybrid’ Crab Fest to go semi-virtual
- Providence Medical Center CEO resigns
- KODIAK PRIDE: 5K run/walk shines light on local LGBTQIA+ community
- Local man faces felony DUI charges
- Kodiak Island Search and Rescue locate family lost on Pyramid Mt.
- Pebble Mine decision hangs over Bristol Bay salmon season
- By Rod Boyce firstname.lastname@example.org
Eleven of the resident cases are of people who reside in the Fairbanks North Star Borough. That total is the highest recorded in the borough during the virus outbreak.