The Kodiak High School softball team held its annual halibut dinner fundraiser Saturday at Kodiak High School. First-year head coach Michelle Stratton said the team raised close to $10,000. This week, the Bears travel to the Mat-Su Valley for games against Wasilla (Thursday), Palmer (Friday)…
- GUTTED: Board of Fish votes to change Kodiak’s salmon fisheries
- Small earthquake rattles Interior Alaska
- Woman charged after a man was shot in home
- Trapper charged after using snared moose as bait for wolves
- Hospital offers new service to address chronic pain
- Boyfriend arrested on murder charge in death of Kristen Huntington
- Destin Z. Alexanderoff Maloney Friccero
- New report spells additional cuts to marine highway system
- Native Alaska salmon fishermen’s livelihood could be threatened, according to village representatives
- Officials warn residents to be cautious on frozen lakes
- Laura Stickells LSTICKELLS@NEWSMINER.COM
A steady stream of trucks rolled into the Summit Logistics parking lot off Van Horn Road on Saturday afternoon, two weeks before the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race and the YQ300 start in Fairbanks, as mushers and dog handlers arrived for the races’ mandatory food drop.
- Alistair Gardiner email@example.com
Representatives from Alaska pilot and carrier associations said there is no single reason for the high number of fatalities last year but cited various contributing factors. At the top of the list is the relative lack of infrastructure.
- Kyrie Long firstname.lastname@example.org
According to a Dec. 2 memorandum to Chief Operations Officer Andreau DeGraw from Bart Grahek, director of procurement and warehousing, the purchasing department evaluated the offers received and recommended granting the contract to the best value, which it believed to be Durham School Services.