• “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” and “The Last Exorcism” at the Orpheum Theatre.
• Stacy Studebaker botany book talk. Friday 7 p.m. in Room 106 at Kodiak College.
• “The Koniag of the Central Alaska Peninsula,” Today, 7 p.m. at the Alutiiq Museum.
• Coast Guard Appreciation Event. Saturday, 6 p.m. at the Elks Lodge. $50.
• Medieval food and fun. Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Springhill Hall. Call Jennifer Hansen at 486-4369 for more information.
• “Wit,” Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.
For young people
• 4-H pumpkin sale, Saturday, noon until the pumpkins are gone.
• Families Understanding Nature. Every Wednesday 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge.
• Storytime at Belles and Beaus. Every Tuesday 11:30 a.m.
• Storytime at the A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library. Every Thursday 11 to 11:30 a.m. Every Tuesday 11 to 11:30 a.m. en español.
Art and Crafts
• Made in Kodiak Fall Market. Best Western Kodiak Inn. Friday 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Craft night. 6 p.m. every Thursday, upstairs at the Sun’aq Tribal Center. Call Aksana Mather, 486-4449 for more information.
To submit events for the Goings On calender,
e-mail email@example.com. Deadline is noon Wednesday for publication on Thursday.