• “Rio” and “Battle L.A.” at the Orpheum Theatre.
Arts and crafts
• Grass basket weaving at the Baranov Museum, 1 p.m. today.
• Crafts night every Thursday, upstairs at the Sun’aq Tribal Center. Call Aksana Mather, 486-4449, for more information.
• Alaska archaeology month lecture: Results from Mikt’sqaak Angauk, 7 p.m., today, at the Alutiiq Museum and Archaeological Repository.
For young people
• Storytime at the A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library, every Thursday 11 to 11:30 a.m. Every Tuesday 11 to 11:30 a.m. en español.
• Storytime at Belles and Beaus every Tuesday 11:30 a.m.