• “The Curse of the Demon,” today at 7 p.m. at the A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library.
• How Alaska narrowly escaped the Atomic Energy Commission’s plan to excavate a harbor near Point Hope using hydrogen bombs in the 1950s. Friday at 7 p.m. in room 128-130 of the Benny Benson building at Kodiak College.
• Introduced wildlife on Kodiak: history and perspectives. Today at 7 p.m. at the Alutiiq Museum.
• Ocean acidification: What is it and how important is it for marine ecosystems around the Kodiak Archipelago? Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m. at the Alutiiq Museum.
• Showcase of Art opens Sunday in the foyer of the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium and continues through Oct. 22.
• Art trading card show opens Monday at Emerald Isle Framing and continues through Nov. 6.
• Craft night, 6 p.m. every Thursday, upstairs at the Sun’aq Tribal Center. Call Aksana Mather, 486-4449, for more information.
For young people
• Families Understanding Nature, every Wednesday 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center.
• Storytime at Belles and Beaus, every Tuesday 11:30 a.m.
• Storytime at the A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library, every Thursday 11 to 11:30 a.m. Every Tuesday 11 to 11:30 a.m. en español.
Send submissions for Goings On to