• “Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole” and “The Social Network” at the Orpheum Theatre.
• “The Defiant Ones,” Today, 7 p.m., A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library.
Fundraisers and Bazaars
• Pancit and Lumpia feed, Friday, 5:30 p.m. at Kodiak Middle School.
• Rotary Telethon, Friday and Saturday 6:40 to 11 p.m.
• Senor Center Christmas Bazaar. Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,” Saturday 7:30 p.m. and Sunday 3 p.m. at the Gerald C. Wilson Auditorium. Also next Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
For young people
• First family Friday fun night at the Baranov Museum: Building the Baranov museum with food. Friday 5 to 7 p.m. at the Baranov Museum. Pre-registration required. Call Marie Acemah at 486-5920 to register.
• Families Understanding Nature. Every Wednesday 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge.
• Storytime at A. Holmes Johnson Memorial Library, every Thursday 11 to 11:30 a.m. Every Tuesday 11 to 11:30 a.m. en español.
• Storytime at Belles and Beaus, every Tuesday 11:30 a.m.
• The American Bluegrass Masters Tour, today, 7 p.m. at the Harbor Convention Center. Adults $30, seniors, $25, student and children $20.
Arts and Crafts
• Crafts night, every Thursday, upstairs at the Sun’aq Tribal Center. Call Aksana Mather, 486-4449 for more information.