Deuteronomy 31:15-18 – “Then the LORD appeared at the tent in a pillar of cloud, and the cloud stood over the entrance to the tent. And the LORD said to Moses: “You are going to rest with your ancestors, and these people will soon prostitute themselves to the foreign gods of the land they ar…

Matthew 16:13-15 – “When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, ‘Who do the people say the Son of Man is?’ They replied, ‘Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and still others say Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ ‘But what about you?’ He asked, ‘Wh…

Psalm 51:1-8b: “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned a…

KODIAK — Isaiah 49:1 — “Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.”

KODIAK — 2nd Corinthians 5:20-6:2: “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. As God’s…

Acts 13:38-39: “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.”

2 Timothy 4:1-5: “In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and carefu…

KODIAK — Galatians 6:9 – “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

KODIAK — Mark 10:42-45 (NIV): “Jesus called them together and said, ‘You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant…

KODIAK — John 15:8-11 – “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and re…

KODIAK — Exodus 23:16 – “Celebrate the Festival of Harvest with the first fruits of the crops you sow in your field. Celebrate the Festival of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you gather in your crops from the field.”

KODIAK — Titus 3:4-7 – “But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus …

Ephesians 5:15-20: “Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled …

Isaiah 56:7 — “These I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”

Matthew 23:27-28 – “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees. You hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but, …

KODIAK — Psalm 43:5 – “Why are you downcast O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet Praise Him, my Savior and my God.”

Jeremiah 12:5 — “If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how will you contend with the horses? If you stumble in the safe country, how will you manage in the thickets beyond the Jordan?”

Daniel 7:9-10 (NIV) – “As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing, coming out from be…

Philippians 2:1-5 (NIV) — “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit, an…

KODIAK — Jeremiah 29:7 — “Also seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”

KODIAK — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – “ 16  Rejoice always,  17  pray without ceasing,  18  in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

KODIAK — Acts 11:25-26 – “Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul. And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So, for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.”

2 Timothy 3:16: “All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so the man of God may be fully equipped for every good work”

KODIAK — 2nd Corinthians 5:10: “For we must all appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.”

John 15:12-15: “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants because a servant does not know his master’s business, instead I h…

Matthew 16:13-16 (NKJV): “When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying ‘Who do men say that I, the Son of Man am?’ So, they said, ‘Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ He said to them, ‘But who do you say …

KODIAK - Luke 3:21 (NIV): “When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was open and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: ‘You are my son, whom I love; with You I am well pleased.’”

It was a big step for her when she boarded that jet that took her from the East Coast across the country to Alaska, where she would bounce around in much smaller single-engine planes jockeying through high winds as it hauled white-knuckled passengers to Yup’ik villages in Western Alaska. She…

Romans 15:13-14: “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

I’m grateful I was born in the age before computers and cellphones were our constant companions. Playing games outside, creating plays with friends just for fun and sleeping out in the backyard with my sister are precious memories that fill my heart with joy. I can never forget our annual fa…

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. the one who sows to please his sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we …

And those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

The law of karma or the law of cause and effect is an intriguing concept. It has been expressed many times in many ways. But way before English musician John Lennon penned “Instant Karma,” Paul (not McCartney) wrote to the Galatians, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man …

“O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow and the Lord will be with you.”

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

This day I call the heavens and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you, life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest, leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you. I am the Lord your God.

St. Isaac of Syria, a 7th century monk, didn’t attend noon AA meetings, read from the Big Book, or enlist in a 12-step program, but he understood the passions that drive a person to hide in a bottle of Smirnoff or a line of cocaine.