- Locally caught salmon to be on school lunch menu
- Fire station pre-design phase has begun
- New food bank to open next week
- City Council discusses reasons for annexation
- Bears breaking into unlocked vehicles
- A grocery store brings faraway flavors to Kodiak
- Assembly addresses $1.9M school bond deficit
- High-speed chase in Kodiak
- Temporary exhibit opens at the history museum
- Into bear country: Exploring the Kodiak Brown Bear Center
- By Dorothy Chomicz, firstname.lastname@example.org
The fire destroyed the vehicle and propane tank but the cemetery's crematorium was not damaged.
- Amanda Bohman email@example.com
The idea of tribal compacting for education has reportedly been in the works since the state Board of Education set it as a goal in 2017. Conversations about it date back even further. It would be an option for tribes, not a requirement.