- Philip E. Ferris Sr.
- Kodiak man charged with three felonies for theft and burglary
- Courtney Cupp
- Jody Lynn Helms
- Kodiak man charged with burglary and theft
- Navy to open ship for tours
- Dog dies after being attacked by bear
- Man charged for alleged assault of pregnant girlfriend
- Rodney Bruce Guinn
- SEA STORIES: Lost in the Arctic: The Franklin Expedition
“I’m a five-year breast cancer survivor,” Young said. “Breast cancer has affected my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, aunts — just numerous relatives, and I have a brother that, even though it was not breast cancer, he passed away because of brain cancer.”
Families came out and sat together on the grass, while Geophysical Institute staff and the Society of Physics Students set up solar telescopes, crafts and prizes. The organizers held a drawing for a telescope, picture book, solar system model and some Frisbees.