Like many other areas of Alaska, Kodiak Island has an abundance of many different species of birds and wildlife. Something that is quite surprising to people though, is that out of all the different animals that call Kodiak home, there are only six indigenous land-dwelling mammals that are native to the island. All the others have been introduced over the years.
Shop online for the best outdoor gear in the world here- https://www.wildrevelation.com/shop/
Visit the Wild Revelation Nature and Wildlife Photography Gallery here - https://www.wildrevelation.com/gallery/
Wild Revelation Guide Service and Outdoor Consultation - https://www.wildrevelation.com/guide-service/
Wild Revelation Outdoors Blog - https://www.wildrevelation.com/blog/
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wildrevelation/
- Search for the Scandies
- Man charged with felony after breaking into home
- Kodiak hit hard as experts predict decline in halibut
- Kirk Elliot McCormick
- Council mulls support for marijuana edibles
- Kodiak fishing vessel takes on water
- FINDING LOVE
- Borough proposes first mill rate hike since 2012
- Dramatic increase in stranded marine mammal reports for 2019
- Kodiak bowler suffers brain aneurysm
- Alistair Gardiner, firstname.lastname@example.org
The U.S. Air Force has decided to return to having uniformed airmen conducting maintenance on F-16 aircraft at Eielson Air Force Base, leaving roughly 70 civilian employees without jobs and another 90 facing impending unemployment.
- Amanda Bohman, email@example.com
The winning team will be known as the fastest cross-country snowmachiners of 2020 and receive a cash prize, gifts from sponsors and a trophy.
- Cheryl Upshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org
The frigid weather this week led to a slight delay to the opening of the annual competition. Saturday morning, temperatures at Tanana Valley Fairgrounds were as low as 36 below zero. Organizers and competitors alike agreed to push the start time back until it warmed up enough to use the heavy equipment required to move the giant blocks used in the Multi-block Classic.