Jack Louis Diedricks was born at 11:50 p.m. on November 9, 2017, to Paul and Stephanie Diedricks. He weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces and was 20 inches long. His parents are originally from Gainesville, Florida ,and Brooklyn, New York, and they now live in Kodiak. The baby’s mother works for The North Pacific Regional Fisheries Training Center, USCG, and his father works aboard the USCG Alex Haley. Other children in the family welcoming Jack are Vienna Mae, 2, and Annelien Rae, one year old. Grandparents are Ted and Laura Diedricks from Gainesville, Florida, and Bob and Diane DeWitt from Brooklyn, New York.
- Harborside: serving coffee lovers for 25 years
- Kodiak man arrested for silver coin heist from secret room
- ‘Alaska PD’ reality show boosts police recruitment
- Hans Peter Olsen Jr. “Tubby”
- Kodiak honors Joe Floyd with sweep of Palmer; architect of KHS sports dies at 89
- City narrows potential sites for new fire station to three
- Joe M. Floyd Jr.
- SHIRLEY JEAN JONES
- Purse snatcher faces new vehicle theft charges
- Joe Floyd memorial this Saturday
- By Dorothy Chomicz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher L. Gordon pleaded guilty Friday to knowingly shooting and killing a polar bear and leaving the harvestable remains to waste. At his sentencing hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Ralph Beistline noted the importance of deterring similar conduct.
- Staff report, email@example.com
"The Sister City Fanano / Fairbanks group and Hockey community are sad to announce that the Fanano Gold Miners Hockey team will not participate in Hockey Week 2020," according to a news release from the Festival Fairbanks organization. "Despite months of planning, world events prevent this historic meeting from happening.
- Erin McGroarty, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alaska State Virology Lab based in Fairbanks and the lab in Anchorage will be able to test for the novel coronavirus in a number of ways.