Tomorrow is the first day of autumn, when, for a micro-second, we teeter-totter at a perfect point between 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night. Back on Earth, it’s time to make jam, put up pickles, smoke and can fish, and prepare the garden for next spring.
As the consolidation committee continues its work, the City of Kodiak has formally backed out of participation just when their participation is most needed.
Alaska fishermen can increase their federal trade relief funds by adding higher poundage prices for 15 fish and shellfish species. While it’s welcomed, the payouts are a band-aid on a bigger and ongoing problem.
Hunter Blair’s graduation ceremony from the University of Alaska Anchorage with a Bachelor of Arts in History with Honors was scheduled for May 3. Due to COVID-19, he came home to Kodiak to finish his degree online. He has been accepted into the Secondary Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure…
- St. Paul Lutheran Church (Leme)
- St. Mary's Catholic Church
- The Salvation Army
- St. James the Fisherman Episcopal Church
- Holy Resurrection Orthodox Cathedral
- River of Life Christian Fellowship Int'l
- Kodiak Bible Chapel
- Kodiak Christian Fellowship
- Christian Science Church
- Community Baptist Church
- Frontier Southern Baptist Church
- Berean Baptist Church
- Church of Christ
- Abba Father's Christian Fellowship