Longtime Kodiak resident Kazue Barnes passed away on July 14 in Portland, Oregon. He was 67. A Celebration of Life and potluck will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday, July 26, at the Unification Church on Selief Lane.
- NAVIGATING WOODY: The Hasenstabs win inaugural adventure race
- Record-breaking heat and dry spell hit The Rock
- ADQ processors, Coast Guard and Seashare send 24,000 pounds of halibut to villages
- Local man arrested for burglary and theft
- Warm waters across Alaska cause salmon die-offs
- Alutiiq Museum receives a surprise $5,000 donation
- Kodiak man charged with felony
- Thomas Allen Kjera
- Fairbanks man charged in connection with woman's death
- Remembering Hank Pennington
- Staff Report email@example.com
Heavy rain also curtailed Alaska Railroad service to and from Denali after the failure of a retaining wall supporting railroad tracks in the Healy Canyon north of the park, according to an Alaska Railroad news release Saturday. Both passenger and freight service are closed north of the park until Monday at the earliest. Railroad passengers should expect delays. Motorcoach service will be provided.
- Kris Capps firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALY — Blueberry ice cream. Blueberry popcorn. Blueberry cotton candy. Welcome to the Denali Blueberry Festival.